It is possible to join a Zoom meeting without installing the app by using the web browser version of the platform. However, it is important to note that this feature must be enabled by the host for it to work. If you were invited to a meeting via a URL link, click the link tojoin the meeting. Alternatively, you can go to the Zoom website and enter the meeting ID provided by the host. When you click Join, the next screen will prompt you to open Zoom in your browser instead of the app. When you click Launch from browser, you'll be prompted to enter your name and check the I'm not a robot box. After you click Join and the host sets up the waiting room, you'll be prompted to wait until the host allows you to join. If the host is recording the meeting and has enabled the "Ask participants for consent when starting recording" feature, a disclaimer will appear asking for your consent to the recording.
Step-by-step guide on how to join a Zoom meeting without installing the app
- Make sure the host has enabled the "Show join from browser link" feature
- Joining a meeting with a URL link:
- Click on the URL link provided by the host
- Joining a meeting with a meeting ID and passcode:
- Go tohttps://zoom.us/join
- Enter the meeting ID and click Join
- On the "Open Zoom Meetings?" screen, click "Cancel"
- On the Please click Open Zoom Meetings screen when the system dialog box appears, click Launch from your browser.
- Enter your name on the Join Meeting screen
- Check the I'm not a robot box.
- Click Join
- If the host has set the waiting room:
- Wait for the host to allow you to join
- If the host is recording the meeting and has enabled the "Ask participants for consent when starting recording" feature:
- A disclaimer will appear asking for your consent to the recording
- It is possible to join a Zoom meeting without installing the Zoom app by using the web browser version of the platform.
- For this to work, the meeting host must have the "Show join from browser link" feature enabled.
- If you were invited to a meeting via a URL link, click the link to join the meeting.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Zoom website (https://zoom.us/join) and enter the meeting ID provided by the host.
- When you click Join, the next screen will prompt you to open Zoom in your browser instead of the app.
- When you click "Launch from browser," you'll be prompted to enter your name and check the "I'm not a robot" box.
- If the host has set up the waiting room, you will be prompted to wait until the host allows you to join.
- If the host is recording the meeting and has enabled the "Ask participants for consent when starting recording" feature, a disclaimer will appear asking for your consent to the recording.
- Note that the web browser version may have some limitations compared to the Zoom app.
Read it to know in detail –How to join Zoom meetings without an account - step-by-step guide
If you want to joinmeetclick, although it is recordedKeep going.
If you do not wish to participate in the recordingmeetor do not agree to the recording, click onleave meeting.
frequently asked Questions
How do I join a Zoom meeting without the app?
Enter theConference IDand passcode in Zoom
- Go to zoom.us/join with your web browser.
- You must enter the meeting ID provided to you byhost.
- Once you've done that, click the Join button. ...
- You can choose one of the following options: …
- Zoom can use your microphone and camera if you allow it.
- When you click Join, you will be prompted to enter a friendly name.
Can we join Zoom without installing it?
For those who cannot install Zoom, they can join meetings andwebinarsvia the Zoom web client, which can be accessed via their desktop web browser.However, this client is limited in its functionality. Afteruserclicks the link to join the meeting, the Join from your browser link is displayed.
How do I open Zoom without downloading?
- Click on the Chrome icon.
- Click join.zoom.us to get started.
- You will need your meeting ID, which you received from the host or organizer.
- You must click Join.
- You need to click "Open Zoom Meetings" on a PC or "Open Zoom.us" on a Mac. If you want to launch Zoom from a browser, you must click this option each time.
How to enlarge the browser?
You can also use thekeyboard shortcutsto zoom in or out:
- Make everything bigger:Windowand Linux: Press Ctrl and +. Mac: Press ⌘ and +. ...
- Make everything smaller: Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and -. Mac: Press ⌘ and -. ...
- Use full screen mode: Windows and Linux: Press F11. Mac: Press ⌘ + Ctrl + f.
Can I use Zoom without the app on my phone?
So if you want to avoid using the app, you need to go to Zoom's website and sign up andregister. After that, you should be able to go to the Zoom home page and click "Have a meeting" or "Join a meeting' as described above.
Can I use Zoom in the mobile browser?
You can use Zoom in the mobile browser.All you have to do is hide the *div> that contains this information. I just wanted to point out that you should not rely on the Zoom Web SDK for your mobileuser. After spending a lot of time on the topic I changed my mind and developed my own Android and iOS app just because the web SDK doesn't support iOS MobileDevices.
Which browser is best for Zoom?
Best Browsers for Zoom Meetings
- I recommendfire fox. As the most popular browser, Mozilla Firefox can be used on any device and operating system because of its flexibility and good privacy protection. ...
- Google Chrome. …
- Safari. …
- MicrosoftRand. …
- Oper. …
- Vivaldi. …
- Brave browser. ...
- Tor Browser.
|Can I sign up without the Google or Facebook Zoom app?|
|How to schedule a webinar without registering in the Zoom app|
|We assumed access would be via SSO only, but without signing in, all we can do is log into the Zoom app with a username and password|
|How to record in Zoom without the host|
|I want to join a meeting without installing the Zoom app|
|How to join the Zoom meeting without an account|
|How to host a Zoom meeting without a host|
- Here's how to easily call an H.323/SIP device in the Zoom app
- How to start a meeting from Zoom Rooms
- How to join a Zoom meeting
- How to join a Zoom meeting on iOS or Android
- How to connect to Zoom from a Sony TV conferencing system
- Can I join a meeting that is not linked to the calendar from Zoom Rooms?
- How to change the language of Zoom meeting invitation emails
- System requirements for Zoom Room (updated)
- Zoom Application Installation Method (PC Version)
- Before the trial As a basic user - How to delete or cancel my Zoom account
- Configuration requirements for firewall or proxy server settings in the Zoom app
- PC troubleshooting log for the Zoom app
- How to start a personal audio conference (PAC) in the Zoom meeting app
- How do I install Zoom on macOS?
- "Mac OS not supported" error message in the Zoom app