Do you have 10 minutes? Then you can plan your day.
Researchshows that just 10 minutes of planning your day can save you up to 2 hours of time.
If you want to successfully plan your work for the day, you may have wondered if an online planner could help you.
Which online planner is the best?
The best online planner isArea.It gives you a place to add your tasks and action items, integrates with multiple tools and calendars, and helps you draw attention to important items your co-workers need to know about.
With Range, you save time with a balance of asynchronous check-ins and real-time collaboration. You'll also connect as people, not just employees, and develop habits that keep teams effective and engaged.
Need a planner that works with the tools you already have?
Assortment integrates with over 75 tools– including project management software like Asana or ClickUp, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Github and more.
How to use Range for daily planning:
Start your day by adding important tasks.Add them straight to your daily schedule or add tasks from your favorite project management tool including Asana, ClickUp, Notion or JIRA.
Create a priority:Set a task on your day's priority and then mark weekly priorities or your #Top3.
You have an important meeting? Add this calendar eventto your plan and share key details with the rest of your team.
Are you too busy?Create a backlog of tasks, then add them to your daily schedule when you're ready.
You can do all this with aRange-Check-in.
Perfect: You have a plan for the day and your entire team knows what you're working on.
Main functions of the online planner:
- Daily email or Slack prompts to help you create a plan
- Set check-ins to share your work no matter where your team is located
- Integrate withmore than 75 tools, including popular dedicated task managers (ClickUp, Asana, Trello), your documents (Google Docs, Notion) and much more (Github, Gitlab, Dropbox, Figma)
- Sentenceprivate or team goalsfor metrics, goals and KPIs
- With hashtags you can see all artifacts, updates and daily progress in one place
- Share check-ins in Slack or MS Teams and answer cultural questions
- Frei:Up to 12 users
- Standard:$8 per user per month
- Bonus:Improved security features.
Start for free and invite your team!
📒 Planning your day? Here are6 tips for maximum productivity.
- Find a daily planning workflow that's easy to stick to
- Divide your week into different focus areas
- Think about the long-term goals, yoursprofessional goals, & then prioritize
- Make daily priorities actionable and achievable
- Prioritize wellbeing as much as you do productivity
- End your week with reflection
How to use Todoist for daily online planning
Want a simple personal to-do list for planning online?Todoist works in both functions. Your personal to-do list is great for shopping, daily tasks, or managing a personal trip and work project.
Your intuitive natural language processing makes typing and entering your tasks a breeze.
- Create priority tasks for your day (usually 3)
- View today's and upcoming tasks so you can plan ahead
- Click into each task to view details
- Reschedule any tasks that seem overwhelming or when you are running out of time
Main functions of the online planner:
- Quickly add tasks to the inbox and move them later
- Organize and organize your tasks easily
- Get a clear overview of all works in their simple dropdown format
- Works great on mobile and desktop
- Use as a personal planner or as a work planner
- Create collaborative projects for focused work
Add yourTodoist tasks for your range check-into fully plan your day (including your meetings).
How to use Trello for daily online planning:
Trello uses a card system inspired byKanbanChalkboards to manage your day.
You can create a daily list (for repetitive tasks) and then add another column for each day of the week, or split your column into individual days.This template will help you get started.
However, it is difficult to manage different work projects in one board.
- Add your daily tasks for step-by-step processes including Kanban basics like To Be Done, In Progress or Done.
- Create as many columns as you need for your workflow
- Cards and projects are easy to organize with tags, and you can also attach files and set deadlines.
Important online planning functions:
- Create cards for your daily tasks
- Create a checklist for managing specific steps in the process
- Column stretching structure allows users to see where tasks are within the workflow
- Frei:Unlimited users
- Standard:$5.00 per user per month
- Bonus:$12.50 per user per month
- Company:Starts at $17.50 per user per month
How to use Asana for daily online planning:
Asanais another popular to-do list and planner that works in conjunction with Teams.
- Track the priority of each task
- Add a list of your meetings you want to attend
- Easily prioritize (and reorder) your to-do list.
- Connect your daily tasks to bigger goals
- Create a recurring task for each day of the week to help you create habits you want to get done every day
- Filter through tasks assigned to you
- Add new tasks to your home screen and add them to projects later
- Communicate directly with team members in the comments of your tasks
Important online planning functions
- Allows users to add milestones, create deadlines, and define dependencies
- Conversation area for designated project meetings
- Easy access to attachments in the files area
- Upgrade to portfolios for team workload management
- Timeline and Gantt chart for easy task management
- Task automation for optimized work
- Project boards and project lists to keep team members focused
- Reliable and easy-to-use task management and project tracking
- Bonus:$10.99 per user per month
- Business:$24.99 per user per month
- Company:Custom offer
5. Google Calendar
How to use Google Calendar for online daily planning
If your daily work is tiring, another option is to save all your tasks to Google Calendar.
- Block of time for tasks
- Make time for errands
- Still, make all your meetings on time with event notifications so you can remember your next stop
Important online planning functions
- Drag and drop for multi-day events like a retreat, conference, or vacation
- Email events (like an upcoming concert) are often added directly to your calendar
- Have aemail in the morningsent with the agenda
Integrate Google Calendar with Range.
6. Click up
How to use ClickUp for daily online planning:
If you use ClickUp for work or client projects, you can also set up a separate workspace for personal projects.
- Create a personal to-do list or board withthis template
- Use the table grid to set statuses, add due dates, and take notes right in the same view
- Create or embed documents from Google Drive to share project details
- Share and plan workflows with whiteboards
- Create Gantt charts/timelines to see if work is on time and on schedule
Important planning functions
- Stylized enterprise wikis available through Docs
- A space toofollow goals, deadlines, due dates and services
- Free to use; Upgrades are inexpensive and offer great extras
- Extremely organized, giving teams potential access to reference information, deadlines, and more
- Forever free:Unlimited free plan members
- Unlimited:$5.00 per user per month
- Business:$12.00 per user per month
- Business-Plus:$19.00 per user per month
- Company:Custom offer
To use Notion for daily online planning:
Notion has a broad community of developers with a strong focus on productivity and daily planning, including experts likeMaria PoulinAndKhe Hy.
The imagination flows like a document that makes iteasy to start.
- Brain dump all your ideas and tasks in one document
- Create tables around these tasks to prioritize them
- You also have the flexibility to create ideas and more beyond your to-do list
- Start a block for a task and nest other Notion projects with your daily schedule to help you move from personal to work tasks
- Tag team members to participate in your next project
Important online planning functions:
- Ability to create documents and checklists
- Easy note organization for all users
- Share links as you would with other documents while creating databases that you can share in workspaces or outside of your organization
- Simple and intuitive interface with a clean user experience
- Available in both desktop and mobile apps
Integrate Range with Notion to share team updates.
- Personal: Free
- Personal Pro: $4 per month
- Team: $8 per user/month
- Company: contact
How to use Any.do for daily online planning
More than many of the other tools on this list, Any.do is designed for personal use (although ateam workplacecoming soon). Keep this in mind when determining your needs.
- Add your tasks as a to-do list or create a grocery/shopping list
- You can scroll through your day and see the tasks you need to complete
- Everything is centralized and combines many features of Google Calendar and Maps in one
- Good for setting work reminders, but doesn't easily integrate with other work tools
Important online planning functions
- Calendar and tasks appear in one view
- Events and places appear in Any.do much like an Apple Maps feature
- Integrates information from other social media apps (like Facebook)
- Free option
- $2.99 per month/year
- $5.99 per month
How to use Bordio for online planning
Bordio is an online scheduling solution that uses the calendar view as the main workspace for scheduling. Designed for both personal and work-related projects, it encourages intelligent productivity of its users.
- Schedule tasks and events with just a few clicks.
- Add the estimated time to see the total workload for the day.
- Create projects to work on bigger goals.
Main functions of the online planner:
- The time block system helps to focus on important tasks and meet deadlines.
- The waiting list allows us to free up the brain and store all unplanned tasks in one place.
- Color coding helps separate different types of tasks and events.
- The "remaining days" information before the deadline in the task card helps to better prioritize the work.
- Completed tasks will turn gray and remain visible so we can track progress.
- Free use during the beta period
How do you choose an online planner?
Finding a good online planner depends on how you want to organize your work. Is this for personal or professional use? This is probably the first question you want to understand. Otherwise, think about how you interact with others and what your teammates need to know.
- How do you let others know what you're working on?
- How do you surface what you hope to achieve versus what you actually achieve?
- How aboutsessions? How do these fit into your workflows (for notes, action items, and tasks?)
- How will teamswork asynchronously--both with their communication and with their files + tasks?
- Your online planner is a help and not an obstacleaffects productivity?
- How do you create a custom workflow with the necessary integrations?
- How are project metrics reported and analyzed andset goals?
Ready to plan your daywith range? Make a plan andShare your first check-in.
What is the best planner to use? ›
- Best Planner Overall: Papier Le Classique 2023 Planner (Standard)
- Best Customizable Planner: Erin Condren Harmony Neutral LifePlanner.
- Best Editor-Recommended Planner: Rifle Paper Co. ...
- Best Daily Planner: Clever Fox PRO Hourly Planner.
|NoteShelf 2||A planner app option for Android & iOS|
|Penly||Best app For Android users|
|GoodNotes 5||This is the most popular digital planning app|
|Notability||One of the best note-taking apps for students|
Free OneNote Planner for 2023
For Microsoft OneNote users, we also have a free 2023 OneNote digital planner, which works on Windows, Mac and iPad devices. You can also use OneNote planners on Android devices too but the planner first need to be set up using one of those different devices.
- Sketch directly in notes.
- Organize and prioritize tasks.
- Various calendars are all synchronized in one place.
- If tasks are not completed, they are dragged to the next day.
- Hobonichi Techo. ...
- Moleskine Classic 18-month Monthly Planner. ...
- Lemome weekly and monthly. ...
- Faber-Castell Essential Planner Pack. ...
- JSTORY Medium Monthly Planner. ...
- Rhodia Rhodiarama Perpetual Diary. ...
- At-A-Glance Monthly Academic Planner. ...
- Clever Fox Planner.
Manage all of your Tasks, Habits, Smart 1:1 meetings, and breaks on your schedule with Planner. Automate your daily plan with time blocking, time tracking, and prioritized scheduling so you can focus on your most important work.What is the best monthly Planner app? ›
- Google Calendar.
Are digital planners worth it? Digital tools can be worth it for those who need to access their schedule from multiple devices, want a wide range of features such as task management, and prefer easy editing and updating of information.What is the best free digital planner for GoodNotes 2023? ›
- Google Calendar.
Lack of privacy: Digital planners can compromise your privacy. If your device or planner app doesn't have a secure password or two-step security, you could be susceptible to data breaches. Screen fatigue: Spending more time online comes at a cost, and screen fatigue is a big one.
Does Microsoft have a digital planner? ›
The best part is that you can get access to a free OneNote digital planner to try out and use on your Microsoft account. Just click the button below to gain access to the planner. Be sure to login into your OneDrive personal (not business account).Is there a better app than Google Calendar? ›
Microsoft calendar is a good Google calendar alternative that offers an adequate number of tools to meet most people's calendar and scheduling requirements. This free-of-cost application has a simple, uncluttered interface that is much better than many paid alternatives available on the Windows Store.Is there a better alternative to Google Calendar? ›
Cal (Android, iOS)
While the standard Any.do app has a calendar feature, Cal is the best option if you're looking for a standalone app that is focused on keeping track of dates and your agenda. One of the unique features of Cal is the ability to pin the location of an event for easy navigation.
- Asana Calendar Integration. ...
- Trello Calendar Integration. ...
- Todoist Google Calendar Integration. ...
- Zapier. ...
- Calendly Integration. ...
- Outlook Google Calendar Integration. ...
- GoToMeeting For Google Calendar.
Oprah's The Life You Want™ Planner & Gratitude Journal. Save $10—and Make Living Well a Daily Practice! Oprah's The Life You Want Planner helps you set a vision for your life and intentions each week!Which is better Panda Planner or best self? ›
The Best Self Journal is more goal-oriented whereas Panda Planner is really a tool to help you build a better and more balanced life overall. Ultimately, the choice is about what works best for you, your life, and your purpose for using it. So pick one that's best suited to your needs and get going.Who are Erin Condren competitors? ›
erincondren.com's top 5 competitors in January 2023 are: papier.com, thehappyplanner.com, daydesigner.com, papersource.com, and more. According to Similarweb data of monthly visits, erincondren.com's top competitor in February 2023 is papier.com with 690.1K visits.Is a digital planner better than a paper planner? ›
Digital planners, however, have the upper hand over paper planners when it comes to portability, automated reminders, and ease of shareability. Research shows that writing by hand improves memory and learning. The mind-body connection of externalizing your goal through words on a page is powerful.How do I find a planner that works for me? ›
- Be willing to experiment. ...
- Remember a planner is a tool that must be used. ...
- Choose your layout and planner size. ...
- Choose your binding preference. ...
- Determine your budget.
If you really want to improve your focus by reducing screen time, then definitely switch to paper planners for journaling, idea mapping, organizing tasks and events, poetry writing – whatever! You'll definitely do your brain a favor in the long run.
How do I use Google as a daily planner? ›
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the “Settings menu” gear, then “Settings”
- Click on your calendar under “Settings for my calendars”
- Next, scroll down to “General notifications”
- Under “Daily agenda” choose “Email”
Google Tasks, also available via a mobile app, aims to allow users to manage, capture, and edit tasks from anywhere, at anytime, with to-dos that sync across all devices.Is Planner Pro free? ›
You can organize events by week view, create projects and recurring tasks, export schedule and ads-free. Note: Subscription will be charged to your iTunes account and will auto-renew each year.What is the most used calendar app? ›
- Google Calendar for the best free calendar app for teams.
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar for Microsoft users.
- Calendar for scheduling external appointments.
- Fantastical for the best design.
- Apple Calendar for a free option for Apple users.
A weekly planner's layout allots one to two pages per week and is great for those juggling many weekly meetings, events, and deadlines. A monthly or quarterly planner is great if you have long-term goals and best for big-picture thinkers who have a lot of large-scale projects on their plates.Is there a free planner app for iPhone? ›
Google Calendar is one of the best planning apps for iPhone is a free tool that lets you plan your upcoming events with ease. It includes features like customized calendars, event reminders, and collaborative planning.Do you have to buy a new digital planner every year? ›
Do I have to repurchase a new planner/journal every year? The beauty of undated digital planners/notebooks/journals is you only have to purchase one and you can use it over and over again.Can you print from a digital planner? ›
While one of the main benefits of using a digital planner is that it's paperless, it can also be easily printed out if that's more your jam.Do people with ADHD use planners? ›
It can often be an important tool for managing your life and your ADHD. Your planner becomes your memory prompt, time manager, and organizing aid. Plus, it can help reduce classic ADHD symptoms such as impulsivity, distraction, and procrastination.How do I get full GoodNotes for free? ›
GoodNotes is Free for Schools. Any educational institution using Apple School Manager will have full access to GoodNotes, including handwriting recognition, for free.
Do you have to pay every month for GoodNotes? ›
GoodNotes' free version is more of a perpetual free trial, but the full cost of the app is paid up front as a one-time purchase when you decide to upgrade.Where can I get free digital planner for GoodNotes? ›
GoodNotes now has an in-app store with a pre-curated selection of digital stationery, including digital planners, stickers, templates, and covers too. Check it to download digital planners straight into GoodNotes. Click here to open the GoodNotes shop on your iPad or iPhone!Is digital better than paper? ›
Typing is undoubtedly faster, but research has found that, when it comes to long-term information retention, taking notes by hand on paper always beats out digital note-taking.Is Microsoft discontinuing Planner? ›
Before you get worried, as far as we know, no, Planner is not in danger of being discontinued. Microsoft is continuing to roll out new features and provide full support.What is the best OneNote Planner 2023? ›
Our hands-down favorite is the 2023 Key2Success Digital Planner for OneNote. This planner is available in both Sunday and Monday start and new this year: tiles to customize pages! Featuring several different versions, choose from the Personal, Personal Pro, Business, and Business Executive.Has Microsoft Planner been replaced? ›
Planner is (still) Dependent on Microsoft 365 Groups
In 2022, this is less of an issue. We use Microsoft 365 Groups for almost everything, even if you aren't aware of it. If you have access to Team Channels or a SharePoint Team site, you're part of a Group.
Spike Calendar lets sync all your calendars into one organized calendar. Never miss an important meeting or event.What is the most accurate calendar system? ›
The Persian or Solar Hijiri Calendar
The Persian calendar has been called “one of the world's most accurate calendar systems.” Like the Islamic calendar, it dates back to Muhammad's Hegira in 622 CE, but it is otherwise quite different.
Your content is stored securely
Data is encrypted in-transit and at-rest. To help you access your calendar offline, we also store your calendar entries on your device. Your Google Account comes with built-in security designed to detect and block threats like spam, phishing and malware.
SimpleCal is the easiest calendar app on the App Store. Sync your schedule across platforms and devices through iCloud or Google calendar.
How does Google calander work? ›
With Google Calendar, you can quickly schedule meetings and events and get reminders about upcoming activities, so you always know what's next. Calendar is designed for teams, so it's easy to share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together.What is the difference between Calendly and Google Calendar? ›
Calendly and Google Calendar are both apps that you can use to help manage your schedule in different ways. Google Calendar is a personal and professional calendar app, while Calendly is a scheduling app designed to help eliminate back-and-forth when trying to find a meeting time that works for you and others.Is there a free planner that syncs with Google Calendar? ›
Calendar+ is an easy to use professional schedule planner that helps manage business events and personal appointments in one app. Customize your schedule in one app. Calendar+ syncs with Google calendar, Outlook Calendar, Exchange etc. automatically and gives you a perfect overview of your events.Does Google have a planner template? ›
This daily schedule template in Google Sheets can be completely adapted to fit your needs. You could start the week on Sunday or Monday, depending on how you like it. You also have the option to color-code the days or specific times using the Conditional Formatting feature.Is digital or paper planner better? ›
Traditional planners are tactile, customizable, and don't require a power source or internet connection, but can be limited in space, editing, and sharing. Digital planning is more accessible, customizable, and has a wider range of features, but requires power and an internet connection, and may be less tactile.What are the three types of planners? ›
- Bullet journal.
- Health and fitness planner.
- Weekly planner.
- Financial planner.
- Work planner.
- Personal/life planner.
- Digital planner.
Has Tony personally used the RPM™ Life Planner? Yes – in fact, this planner is part of the RPM™ System that Tony designed for his own life in 1978, and has used ever since. Like many people, Tony had huge dreams about what he could accomplish in life and wasn't satisfied just thinking about it.What planner is like Erin Condren? ›
Bloom Daily Planners are a great Erin Condren alternative because it has colorful covers and interior pages and a simple vertical weekly layout.Are Happy Planners worth it? ›
The layout of both the website and the planners are simple yet well-designed to still be fun and cute. It really helps invite all of your thoughts, goals, and ideas to be written on the page with focused intention. Happy Planner is expensive, but worth it because of the high-quality.Do people actually buy digital planners? ›
Not everyone will be able to afford your design services or your high ticket offers, but a lot of people will be able to buy a digital planner. This allows you to generate new leads that you otherwise might not have. A digital planner is a great way to keep a lead warm while they are growing their business.
Do people use paper planners anymore? ›
Planners come in monthly, weekly, daily, or hourly formats, but we think a slim monthly or weekly appointment format—like Google Calendar, but a paper version—is probably all that most people need.Should I switch to a digital planner? ›
Using a digital planner, you can be more efficient by coping tasks and appointments, dragging and dropping items, duplicate pages or erasing items with a click of a button. You can also write freely and later go back to edit color and position of the information written in the page.Should I buy a planner or make my own? ›
If you're just getting started with planning, I'd go with a store bought planner. It'll be quicker and cheaper than DIYing your own straight off the bat, and you'll learn what you do and don't like in a weekly layout, planner size, binding type etc.Does Erin Condren have digital planner? ›
Whether it's digital or paper or a happy combo, whatever works best for you and your students. Build your custom Teacher Lesson Planner and please share how you use them for planning your lessons this school year. Make sure to tag @erincondren in your posts on Instagram so I can see them all!How do I switch from paper to digital planner? ›
How to switch from paper planning to digital planning. Make sure you have a tablet and stylus that you can use to start digital planning! We recommend an iPad and Apple Pencil. Download a note-taking app that can easily import a digital planner PDF file.What personality type are planners? ›
The MBTI personality inventory subdivides the Planner style into four personality types: ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, and ESFJ.What age group uses planners? ›
According to Stephanie Fleming, co-founder of Me & My BIG Ideas, which makes The Happy Planner, “the age demographic is around 25 to the early 40s range, with a lot of movement toward college-age women.”